Miss J's World

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

When I freeze

I sit on the couch in the dark and I can see four white squares, arranged in the shape of a bigger square; yet seperated. I wish those four could merge into one so I can fly through it out of here. But I still sit and imagine I flew through!

"Lo que no mata, engorda"
A spanish proveb

I love the spanish language, and I keep translating song lyrics to learn more about it! This time I tried prverbs. I came across this one

Lo: It
que: that
matar: kill or slay
engorda: fatten

Translation: It that doesn't kill you, fattens youIt is somewhats equivelant to the english proverb : "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"

Personally I am a big fan of this proverb, I return to it when I am in need of explanation to harsh reality. When life gives me a nice slap in the face, I freeze in astonishment. Usually that is the case with me, I need time to understand what has happened. But I cure my wound with this idea. It is easy to say it, very hard to act upon it, but we must use the slap in our favour!

5 Comments:

  • slap it back!

    i enjoyed reading this

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:44:00 AM  

  • i like this post... but the 'nice' slap on the face was quite funny, it's never 'nice' but with time you force yourself to accept... maybe after a long time when years pass, you'd start to look at it as funny... but never 'nice'!

    By Blogger and life goes on..., at 8:29:00 AM  

  • hey Mays :)
    it's always a pleasure reading your blog in my free working hours (which happen to be so long these days), or when I'm goin home in the boring bus...

    life slaps all mi amiga, that's life... and since no one can go back in time (till now), all we can do is to learn from these slaps, and appreciate the experience it added to ours. this life is too short and mortal, nothing is worth worrying or feeling bad about... so cheer up and keep it up :)

    have fun... see you in the lunch break

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23:00 AM  

  • forgot to sign it :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25:00 AM  

  • walek miso, who slapped you in fastlink?!1!!!:) just tell me:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home