Miss J's World

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Salvador Dali

Salvador Dali is a spanish painter, writer, and member of the surrealist movement.He was born in Figueras, Catalonia in 1904.
If you need to know more about him you can try wikipedia
When I first were introduced to his work,two years ago, I was shocked. His paintings are so bold and harsh, some people describe his art as very negative and dark. But it didn't take me long to realize how much I enjoy analyzing his paintings. I respect the creativity he shoed in conveying the ugliness of humanity in colors. I go over the same painting many times; each time trying to see what Dali was feeling, thinking , or even suffering when he drew it. The way he pictured realistic details amazes me. The paintings will seem odd to most of you, but I would really like to share some of them.




4 Comments:

  • i love the last one! very impressive indeed!

    By Blogger and life goes on..., at 12:38:00 AM  

  • very nice paintings; like the 1st and last one. it would be nice if u could share yr opinions on these paintings as u analyse them :)
    i saw a little statue of the Minotaure in Paris! ( http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=minotaure7fs.jpg )

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58:00 AM  

  • mmm.... those photos just remind me of the "Painting" book they used to teach us in the 10th grade,,, the first one was on the cover...
    we had a nuts teacher who used to spend dozens of minutes explaining paintings to us... not knowing that each human being sees the picture the way he/she wants to percieve it...

    Just wanna say maybe Dali had a different way of expressing loveliness of human beings, or emotions, or even some political opinion that no one saw in his paintings except he himself... it doesnt have to be "conveying the ugliness of humanity in colors" ... though I like the phrasing of the concept :)

    keep it up... you have a nice style in writing :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54:00 PM  

  • visit this link http://sophia.smith.edu/~egraf/dali1943.gif
    this is my favourite dali painting, although as i told you i'm more into Van Goch's still life paintings and Impressionism as a whole but i'd like to hear your analysis of this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home